Geraldine E. Gutierrez
San Miguel County Clerk
County Clerk Services
- Issue licenses (marriage & liquor)
- Record Documents
- Uniform Commercial Code Filings (filing must now be done with the Secretary of State)
- Property Deeds
- Satisfaction of Mortgages
- Map Surveys
- Marriage Certificate
- Liquor Licenses
Issue of Licenses
- Voter registration, changes and certified copies
- Preparation of voting machines
- What is the procedure for getting a copy a marriage certificate?
Requesting a copy of a marriage certificate may be done in person or by mail. The year of marriage is necessary for finding the certificate. If the request is done by mail, a brief written request is required with the date of marriage, the names of the individuals and a fee.
- What is the fee for a certified copy of a marriage certificate?
The fee is $3.00 for each certification.
- How do I request a copy of a recorded document?
Requesting a copy of a recorded document may be done in person or by mail. the year of recording is necessary for finding the document. If the request is done by mail, a brief written request is required with the date of recording, the names of the individuals on the document and a fee.
- What is the fee for a copy of a recorded document?
Each microfiche copy is $1.00 and each paper copy is $0.50.
- What is the fee for recording a document?
The County Clerk shall collect a recording fee of $25.00 for each document filed or recorded. If a document being filed or recorded contains more than ten entries to be indexed, the County Clerk shall charge an additional $25 for each additional block of ten for fewer entries to the index from each document.
PLEASE CONTACT THE COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE FOR THE EXACT FEE AS THE CALCULATIONS FOR INDEXED ENTRIES MAY VARY BY COUNTY.
- What is the procedure and the fee for getting a marriage license?
Both parties must come into our office together with identification to verify legal age of 18 and $25.00 fee. A photo ID and Social Security Card is required.